Children education franchises aim to enrich their lives through learning and education and cover many areas, including after school supplemental learning and tutoring services (sometimes referred to as children enrichment programmes), daycare businesses for younger children, STEM based education with a focus on science, technology, engineering, and math.
According to online market research site Report Linker, the global private tutoring market is expected to reach over $201 Billion by 2026. The fastest growth is projected in Asia with China leading the way with a projected market size of over US$56 Billion during this period.
Unmistakably, supplementary or “enrichment” education programmes are on the rise in developed and developing countries. This is driven in part by ever more competitive university entrance examinations requirements that focus on heavily on math and science. Other contributing factors include the lack of adequate public education funding, especially in developing countries.
Education franchise businesses offer not only attractive financial returns for capable entrepreneurs, they also provide a means for successful business owners and corporations to give back to society by raising the education level of children. Clearly, if a nation wants a sustainably strong and robust economy, an educated workforce for tomorrow begins today with its children.
While this can be an exhaustive list, we highlight five of the leading education brands that you should consider.
- BRICKS4KIDZ is the largest provider of STEM-based educational enrichment programmes in the world and is headquartered in the USA. They teach over 50 thousand children per year and deliver nearly 500 classes per day. You can find them in over 800 cities and 46 countries. Classes are offered for children from the ages of 3 – 9+ years old with various in-school programmes, workshops, field trips, camps, birthday and special events, from their unique Lego brick model building to robotics, coding, video game designing, movie making, and more. BRICKS4KIDZ is the most awarded STEM-based children’s education franchise in the world.
- MATHNASIUM is the largest math tutoring franchise from America with over 1,000 centers worldwide. Its mission is to teach children math so they understand it, master it, and love it. Math can change children’s lives and it can change the world. For more than 40 years, the Mathnasium Method™ provides children all over the world increased confidence, critical thinking skills, and mathematical ability to last a lifetime.
- WINGS offers a complete system for pre-school students between the ages of 3 – 5. The WINGS programme can be expanded teach children between the ages of 6 – 15. Already used in over 300 kindergartens globally, their training materials are used in more than 10,000 schools with over three million current students. Their AllviA Platform provides a smart digital classroom environment with integrated technology and allowing 100% student participation in every class and is ideally suited for both in-class and remote learning.
- Helen Doron Kindergarten is part of the Helen Doron Group with over 35 years and 100+ Master Franchisees, 1,000+ Learning Centres, and in 38 countries. Helen Doron Kindergartens enable young children to get a head start and to prepare a base for school through positive reinforcement, direct teaching, play, music and experimentation. The proprietary curriculum for bilingual, English-enriched or all-English kindergarten is based on research from around the world and developed by their pedagogic teams, leading experts in early childhood education, and Helen Doron— pioneer of the Helen Doron Method.
- Kumon was founded by Toru Kumon in Japan in 1954. This leading children’s education franchise has helped over 4 million students excel in math and reading. Kumon’s curriculum focuses on daily practice and self-paced progress to accelerate learning by teaching critical thinking and independence, helping to extend its impact beyond the classroom for children between preschool and high school age.
So I like these franchises, what next?
Choosing the right franchisor and franchise brand is the most important factor for determining long-term success. Be sure to research them further online as you do your own due diligence. They each have their strengths and represent unique and proven franchise opportunities for your country.
Contact us now for more info on education franchises for children at [email protected].
Author: Sean T. Ngo is the CEO and Co-Founder of one of Asia’s leading franchise consultancy, VF Franchise Consulting. He is Vietnamese American and has been living in Vietnam for over 16 years. Drop him a “Hello, how are you doing?” at [email protected] He’d love to hear from you ya!