[FREE Webinar] Why You Should Consider SE Asia For Your Franchise – July 22, 2020
Jul 6, 2020 | Other | Comments Off on [FREE Webinar] Why You Should Consider SE Asia For Your Franchise – July 22, 2020
[Free Online Seminar]
Why You Should Consider SE Asia For Your Franchise ?
Many businesses already have a strong hold on their own country. Expanding regionally is a logical next step. What is required? Which countries should you target? What legal steps do you need to take when you want to do business internationally?
Join us and get facts, opinions, and advice of our panel of experts on expanding in the region of ASEAN (South East Asia). Examine the economic performance, ease of doing business, and legal steps in the region so you can make informed decisions for your company.
Date: July 22, 2020
Time: 3:00PM - 5:00PM (GMT +7)
Contact us: [email protected]
- ASEAN has currently the 3rd largest economy in the Indo-Pacific and the 5th Largest in the world
- A young and plentiful population that boasts over 650 million people and a GDP per capita of US$13,998 with continuous growth rates
- Many countries in ASEAN have recognized the potential of the franchise industry, including the six largest economies in the region such as: Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Singapore
- Capitalize on the emerging markets of Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos
Source: Tran, D. V. (2019). A study on the impact of economic freedom on economic growth in ASEAN countries
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS:
Sean T. Ngo is Vietnamese-American and has lived and worked in the USA for over 30 years and in Asia for over 15 years. He currently lives and works in Vietnam.
- He is the Co-Founder of VF Franchise Consulting, one of Asia’s leading franchise consultancy.
- Sean is a frequent speaker at various industry and government events in Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, South Korea, and Japan (and soon the UK)
- He has lectured at various MBA Programmes in the topics of Franchising, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, and other subjects, and has taught at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australian Institute of Business (AIB), and Paris Graduate School of Management (PGSM).
- Prior to co-founding VF Franchise Consulting, Sean worked in finance, marketing, and real estate in the US and has worked for many Fortune 500 companies, including Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, National Semiconductor, Coldwell Banker, and others.
Waewpen Piemwichai is a Thai-qualified lawyer and registered foreign attorney in Vietnam with the Tilleke & Gibbins corporate and commercial group. She was based in Bangkok for seven years before relocating to the firm’s Hanoi office.
Waewpen specializes in Technology, Multimedia, and Communications (TMT) industry and also has expertise in practice areas including commercial transactions, franchising, company formation and construction.
Sher Hann Chua is a consultant in Tilleke & Gibbins’ Bangkok and Yangon offices. Her practice focuses on intellectual property (IP) for the firm’s offices across the region, and corporate and commercial matters in emerging markets. Sher Hann represents a broad range of clients across industries that include automotive, energy, entertainment, food and beverage, life sciences, media, sports, real estate, and technology.
She has regularly appeared before trademark registrars and government bodies on behalf of brand owners in negotiations, IP enforcement actions, and regulatory affairs matters. She is also a trusted advisor for commercial and transactional IP matters, and has extensive experience handling IP due diligence exercises, audits, acquisitions, and licensing and franchising projects.