[FREE Webinar] Why You Should Consider Southeast Asia For Your Next Franchise Expansion – May 20, 2020
May 4, 2020 | Other | Comments Off on [FREE Webinar] Why You Should Consider Southeast Asia For Your Next Franchise Expansion – May 20, 2020
HEAR FROM FRANCHISE AND LEGAL EXPERTS IN THIS REGION
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR FRANCHISE IN
FOOD & BEVERAGE, EDUCATION, RETAIL,
FITNESS/ENTERTAINMENT, AND SERVICES.
Date: May 20, 2020
Time: 9PM - 11PM (GMT +7)
Los Angeles, USA: 7AM - 9AM
Chicago/Dallas, USA: 9AM - 11AM
New York/Atlanta, USA: 10AM - 12AM
Toronto, CA: 10AM - 12AM
London, UK: 3PM - 5PM
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has a combined GDP of over US$2.8 trillion and is also the 3rd fastest-growing major Indo-Pacific economy after China and India.
- ASEAN as a whole ranks 4th after Canada, Mexico, and China as a goods export market for the United States and the United States is the 4th largest trading partner for ASEAN.
- ASEAN represents Canada’s 6th largest trading partner in 2018.
- ASEAN and the EU amounted to $288.2 billion, compared with $483.7 billion worth of transactions with China.
- The region boasts a young population with over 650 million people and with a GDP (PPP) PER CAPITA of US$13,998 and growing.
- The franchise industry is developed and growing in the six largest economies in ASEAN, including Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore as well as emerging markets such as Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS:
Sean T. Ngo is Vietnamese-American and has lived and worked in the USA for over 30 years and in Asia for over 15 years. He currently lives and works in Vietnam.
- He is the Co-Founder of VF Franchise Consulting, one of Asia’s leading franchise consultancy.
- Sean is a frequent speaker at various industry and government events in Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, South Korea, and Japan (and soon the UK)
- He has lectured at various MBA Programmes in the topics of Franchising, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, and other subjects, and has taught at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australian Institute of Business (AIB), and Paris Graduate School of Management (PGSM).
- Prior to co-founding VF Franchise Consulting, Sean worked in finance, marketing, and real estate in the US and has worked for many Fortune 500 companies, including Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, National Semiconductor, Coldwell Banker, and others.
Alan Adcock is a partner and deputy director of the Tilleke & Gibbins intellectual property and regulatory affairs groups, helping to oversee the firm’s client work in these areas across ASEAN.
- He is recognized as a leading intellectual property lawyer based on his handling of corporate IP matters, including licensing and acquisitions.
- Alan is the current President of the Licensing Executives Society (LES) of Thailand, and a Co-Chair of the American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand’s Food & AgriBusiness Committee.
Robert Beausoleil is the Director of Business Development for VF Franchise Consulting. He has lived and worked in 12 countries and currently resides in Vietnam.
- His franchising experience is substantial and he has held multiple roles such as Country Manager, General Manager, and Operations Director for well-known brands such as Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Sears Roebuck, Tim Horton’s, Coca Hotpot, Mango Tree, PJ’s Coffee, and Bonchon Chicken.
- He has owned and/or managed businesses in the Food & Beverage, Education, Franchise, Coffee and Retail industries.