World-class EmQuartier Bangkok unveiled
Apr 9, 2015
Thailand’s The Mall Group has budgeted a massive US$15 million to launch its premium EM District. The first stage is the unveiling of The EmQuartier which it says will position Sukhumvit as “a world-class fashion destination”.
In collaboration with more than 400 world-class brands and leading Thai brands, a fashion event with more than 200 models – Fashion Extraordinaire – showcased “groundbreaking fashion and urban lifestyle in a stunning new shopping complex”.To mark the shopping experience, prizes worth over 30 million baht will be up for grabs.
Management of The Mall Group and The Emporium Group led by Supaluck Umpujh, Krissada Umpujh, Paibul Kanokwattanawan, and Kreignsak Tantiphipop, along with business partners, retailers, business owners, executive-level managers, celebrities and local socialites joined the festivities.
Supaluck Umpujh, vice chairwoman of The Mall Group and chairman of The Emporium Group said a budget of 500 million baht ($15 million) has been allocated to celebrating The EM District’s opening, designed to provide Bangkok with “a stunning experience”.
The four-month-long celebration which started on March 27 will run until July 31 and is divided into three concepts for three periods, starting with Fashion Extraordinaire, Dining Extraordinaire, and ending with World Extraordinaire.
For Fashion Extraordinaire, The EM District collaborated with labels including super brands, world-class brands and leading Thai brands to establish itself as the ultimate fashion centre. Brands including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dior, Prada, Cartier, Dolce & Gabbana, Celine, Fendi, Gucci, Valentino, Chloe, Loewe, Miu Miu, Salvatore Ferragamo, Burberry, Emporio Armani, Club 21 and many more.
As a fashion centre, The EmQuartier is home to many leading brands. The Q Stadium is a concept store with trendy clothes and accessories that were carefully selected from around the world. Over 4000 sqm, the urban-wear multi-label World-class fashion centre store’s design concept is ‘the urban playground’ to cater to the city lifestyle of those with sophisticated style.
More than 50 brands at Q Stadium include Adidas Neo, The Adjective, Carnival, Fly London, Leisure Project Store, Penfield, Superdry, Travel Fox and Vanquish.
Qurator is the ultimate Thai designer showcase, housing more than 60 leading Thai designer brands on a 6000 sqm space. There are items by established and up-and-coming Thai designers, “so Qurator is not just a store, but also an incubator of ideas and creativity for the Thai fashion industry,” said the company in a statement. New collections are showcased at Qurator for the first time.
The Atelier on G floor, Emporium Department Store was unveiled last December, and is a multi-fashion brand store with leading fashion brands from around the world coveted by fashionistas.
And Another Story is a new concept store with a variety of products designed by designers from around the world. These products are unique and affordable. There are 160 popular brands from around the world, of which 70 are exclusive brands from abroad and 30 make up a special collection of Thai brands. On a 900 sqm at A building, The EmQuartier, Another Story is divided into six zones.
Customers can design their own one-of-a-kind stationery to take home at the Stationery zone. The Yellow Korner zone is a gallery filled with work of artists from around the world. The Home & Décor zone offers a variety of home and décor products in many styles. Beach & Resort wear zone offers day looks clothes for mix and match. The Café Zone offers a relaxing city type café, while the Workshop Zone is for people wishing to create unique items.
The EmQuartier is Bangkok’s newest and most comprehensive centre of food, including ingredients, prepared meals and restaurants and includes the Gourmet Market supermarket which carries a variety of products from around the globe. On an 8000 sqm space, the Gourmet Market has more than 40,000 products, with additional products from Asia and Europe. Snacks, ingredients, fruits and fresh food are sourced from around the world.
Quartier Food Hall at The EmQuartier features a wide array of international cuisines, making it the one-stop shop food hall in Sukhumvit with Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Singaporean, Taiwanese, Australian, American and New Zealand food available on a 7000 sqm space that includes restaurants, a food court, and take-home shops.
A Shopping Extraordinaire promotion offers prizes worth more than 30 million baht. For every 2000 baht spent, shoppers receive a coupon for a chance to win one of four amazing prizes: Park 24 condominium, Porsche Macan, Mercedes-Benz CLS, and Veranda Residence Pattaya condominium. There are other prizes as well, all of which are available when meeting shopping terms until July 31, 2015.
The EM District features a range of Premier Collections in partnership with international and local brands. Here is the full list:
- Louis Vuitton: Special collection ‘Monogram Rouge Noir’ by Nicolas Ghesquiere.
- Cartier: ‘Cartier Tradition’ collection with piece carefully selected from around the world.
- Bvlgari: High Jewelry collection extraordinary for celebrating launch The EM District.
- Dolce & Gabbana: Special collection with exclusive Runway Pieces.
- Saint Laurent: Exclusive Spring Summer Collection and precious skin bag limited quantity.
- Valentino: First flagship store that offers a full range men and women collection, also the VIP lounge.
- Céline: The first and only new concept boutique in Thailand with Ready-to-wear collection from runway.
- Loewe: Spanish leather goods brand presents runway collection by Jonathan Anderson.
- Jimmy Choo: The first and only in the world ‘Candy Clutch – Bangkok’ limited edition and men collections boutique in Thailand.
- Chloe: ‘Drew’ in limited edition Gold/Nude, Exclusive piece ordered for The EM District opening.
- Proenza Schouler: ‘PS1 Tiny Woodblock’ exclusive collection
- Paul Smith: T-Shirt ‘Bangkok Edition’ Exclusively by Sir Paul Smith.
- DVF: Jewellery launch collection inspired by the chic bohemian.
- Issey Miyake Bao Bao: Japanese fashion brand with limited edition bag collection.
- MCM: The first boutique in Thailand and special collection “MCM Ekocycle Project”, a collaboration between Will-i-am and Coca-Cola.
- Coach: “Coach Swagger” patchwork special collection.
- A Bathing Ape: The first boutique in Thailand and special Baby Milo x Hello Kitty collection.
- Veilebrequin: Swimming trunks made of 24K gold.
- Sephora: Special eye shadow collection from a collaboration with well-known jewelry designer Shourouk.
- Qurator: Special designs, available exclusively at The EmQuartier by Thai designers from over 60 brands.